These are some of the free apps that students are using for learning on ASU Prep iPads. We encourage parents to explore these apps with students at home using your family's devices.
Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
- Starfall.com - a free online resource teaching millions of children to read and inspiring a love of learning.
- Raz-Kids - Raz-Kids delivers hundreds of interactive, leveled eBooks spanning 27 levels
- Frontrow - appropriate for grades K-8, this app contains common core aligned math practice for K-8 on the iPad and the web.
- Word Wizard - Kids learn to spell with talking alphabets, spelling tests & fun phonics games
- Geoboard - a tool for exploring a variety of math topics using virtual manipulatives. Learners stretch bands around the pegs to form line segments and polygons and make discoveries about perimeter, area, angles, congruence, fractions, and more
- Math Slide Addition and Subtraction - a multiplayer game helping children to learn and recall addition and subtraction number facts. Players learn by sliding tiles into the center to match an answer, equation or image. The player who slides their tiles first wins.
- Math Slide Tens and Ones - a multiplayer game helping children understand tens and ones; numbers up to 100. Players learn by sliding tiles into the center to match an answer, equation or image. The player who slides their tiles first wins.
- RocketMath - enables kids to learn just two facts and their reverses at a time, practice them until they are memorized, combine them with all the facts they have learned in an operation in cumulative review
- IXL - math practice that feels like play while building your skills.
- Study Island (appropriate for grades K-5) - fun and engaging math and reading practice online